9.29.2011

Teacher Advice

I love getting advice from the kids teachers, they've seen everything and always offer up good tips with the kids.  I'm not a knowitall type of mom so I always welcome advice, especially from teachers that have taught thousands of children. 

Colin's teacher told me that we needed to work on step instructions, ie: go here do this, then do this and then do this.  Simple 1-2-3 instructions.  He'll get to the first step, do that and then forget what came next.  Easy enough, we work on things at home.

Yesterday all his water bottles were in the dishwasher so we were going to take a regular bottle of water.  I forgot to grab it from the fridge so as I buckled Ella in her carseat, I sent Colin back into the house to get it.  His instructions were: go inside, into the garage, get a bottle of water, make sure to close the fridge door and come back. It takes him a little bit but he comes back with a juicebox.  I rolled my eyes and said No, water.  But he questioned whether or not I remembered to put one in his lunch box.  I've never forgotten before so I'm not sure where this came from.  I sent him back into the house to get the water.  He completed his task a little quicker. 

It wasn't until later that I found out what took him so long on the first trip.  Jay got curious about all the rumbling going on downstairs since he thought we had already left so came down to investigate.  He found Colin and asked him what was going on.  Colin replied, "I can't talk now, going to school"  Silly boy! 

0 peeps thought this was cool:

Related Posts with Thumbnails