Ella, ah, little Ella. There are no words to describe that little fireball. She is a 14 year old in a 1 year old body. She's feisty, opinionated, stubborn, smiley, happy and all sorts of sweetness wrapped up.
She has just exploded with stuff here lately, her language has taken off. I think she's up to about 30 words right now and just starting to put 2 words together. Just about anything I ask her to say, she'll try to repeat. Except for Colin, she keeps calling him something that sounds like Daddy. I'm not a huge fan of "Bubba" but I can get her to say that. I'll keep trying to get her to say Colin.
This might just be a difference between girls and boys or maybe 1st children vs. 2nd but she really comprehends stuff much easier than Colin ever did and still. I can ask Colin to put his shoes on and he'll quickly say, I don't know where they are. I tell him to look for them and while they might be right under his nose, he'll look around and still not see them. I can then tell Ella to get Elmo and she'll go find him and bring him to me. Again, probably just the difference between male and female. It's odd how a mom knows exactly where most every thing in the house is, regardless of if we use it or not. Irony huh? It's funny how male and females are just wired differently from the get go.
She's still rear facing in her carseat and I am not sure when I plan on turning her, she still seems very happy that way and doesn't complain. It might be that she can see out the window and can see Colin so she isn't complaining. Plus she's still little and her feet aren't touching the backseat so she's plenty comfortable.
I've thought about moving her around just for the fact that she'll be able to see the dvd player but she really isn't interested in tv at all. Cartoons are a staple at our house but she will only glance up for a few seconds and then go about her merry way.
She's due for her 18 month appt next month and I'm sure that'll come with some shots but she's growing so well physically and developmentally. She blows my mind!
1.20.2012
Update on Ella
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 peeps thought this was cool:
Post a Comment