2.03.2012

Carrying the Load

This observation was just too funny.  I think I'm now obsessed with the differences between girls and boys.

Colin was "reading" some books to Ella the other morning while sitting on my bathroom floor.  After he finished, he told her to go get another book, and another, and another.  There were probably about 6 board books laying there when he left to venture to another mess.  I told him to take the books but it went in one ear and out the other.  I asked Ella to take the books back and she gathered 3 and then looked down at the remaining 3 books and when I tried to put the others in her hands, the other side fell out.  I stacked them to give her a better hold on them and she carried all of them back into the playroom.

I kept thinking about this and while sitting at a stop light after dropping them off at school, I realized that this is the same thing with men and women.  Colin probably would have taken 2 books back at a time and come back for the others.  Ella was insistent upon carrying all of them at once.  how many of us mom's wish we had more hands just so we could carry all of it in one load?  Men do things the complete opposite and on their own time table, taking their dear sweet time.


It just got me wondering, I'm sure I'll continue to do this their whole lives.......

0 peeps thought this was cool:

Related Posts with Thumbnails