This is pretty much what the bathroom looked like for 3 years! The previous owners painted over the wallpaper so it was like asphalt to get off. I tried to tear it all off but it was like super glue and only the tiniest pieces were coming off so I admitted failure and left it alone. It took that long to figure out what to do, well that and having babies so don't judge me! I thought about putting new wallpaper up but I would have had to take out a second mortgage, that stuff aint cheap. So again, more thinking and the conclusion was to just plaster and paint over it.
And this is what it looks like now.....ta da!!! I took down the gigantic*see*every*wrinkle mirror down and put 2 black mirrors up and stole this white shelf out of the kids bathroom for my stuff. I mean, come on, I've got more stuff than the kids, I need the storage right?
I finished this cute little wooden door and hung it up on the wall over the bathtub. This is recycled wood from the fence in our backyard that has yet to be torn down. I even swiped the handle off the old gate too. To bring in some more red accents, I dug this letter out of my craft closet and spray painted it red, it matches perfectly. I still need to add in some accessories but over all I'm happy with the whole thing. After I had the whole thing put together I realized that the brushed nickle light fixtures and faucets really don't match at all and would look fabulous black but it's a big change so I'm sitting with those thoughts for now. It'd be a breeze to spray paint a black metal finish to the lights but the faucets would need to be changed out and I do intend on putting new countertops in the near future.



0 peeps thought this was cool:
Post a Comment