12.04.2009

Thanksgiving Recap

I forgot to post this in the midst of all the holiday festivities. We had a very nice Thanksgiving although Jay had to work both days but we made sure to bring him plenty of Thanksgiving goodies back from my grandma's house. I'm a bit sad that Thanksgivings aren't what I remember growing up but it's perfectly normal that as families expand there are plenty of other extended family members that need visiting. I'm hoping to start our own family traditions soon.

I had plans to make cookies with Colin the day before but he had no interest in helping me. I think I saw this cookie idea on Sprout. I bought some sugar cookie dough and set it out to soften. I traced Colin's hand and then laid the pattern onto the flattened cookie dough and proceeded to cut around the little stencil. Since it was a tedious project, I only made 6 and then made little pumpkins with my cookie cutters. Yes I know it looks like Colin decorated them himself and I wish I could blame it on him but I did the decorating. I warmed the icing up too much and it was a bit runny.
While at my grandma's there is usually some sort of card game going on and this was before the turkey coma hit most of the men. Being one of the guys, Colin wanted to join in and learn to play so he hopped up on Uncle D's lap. Not sure how much he actually helped but they are so cute together.

1 peeps thought this was cool:

Unknown said...

I think those cookies are awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails