It was quite the whirlwind afterwards with a whole lot of family in town so he didn't really care one way or the other about her but that quickly changed after everyone left. I let him sit on the couch and hold her and now he wants to hold her all the time. I've had to reiterate to him over and over that he's not allowed to pick her up or hold her without Mommy or Daddy helping him.
8.26.2010
Best Big Brother
I had been trying to get Colin as used to the idea of a little sister as possible the whole time I was pregnant. Many times I felt as though it was such a long process that Colin would be confused when it was finally time for Ella to be born since it seemed that I was pregnant forever. In the days before I delivered, I started to talk to Colin about Ella finally coming out of Mommy's tummy. I tried to use terms that he would understand and able to comprehend. I knew he wouldn't understand the word born so I kept saying that she was coming out of my tummy. My boy continues to amaze me, my parents brought him to the hospital that morning and he only looked a bit concerned with me laying in the hospital bed and once he asked me if I was ok, he wanted to watch his movies. My dad and Jay's dad took him out when it was time to start pushing. Shortly after she was born they let him peek just inside the door to see her and the picture is just priceless and truly shows how much he loves his little sister.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 peeps thought this was cool:
Post a Comment