I told Jay earlier this year that I wanted a new kitchen table & chairs, it would be our anniversary gift to each other. I've searched a bunch of antique stores for that perfect set but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I would find the right table but the chairs would then be too unstable for my liking, I want a good sturdy chair for us to sit on, let's also not forget that I've got young children and we all know how well kids take care of stuff.

I sort of gave up my search for a while before Ella was born but this weekend when Jay was going out to get ice, he spotted a garage sale down the street from us and they had a pretty nifty table & chairs out on the lawn for sale. We walked over to check it out and it was a beautiful table and 8 chairs and their asking price was only $200, Jay with his wicked negotiations skills talked them down to $140 plus he bought a huge box of baseball cards for $25. I couldn't believe they were selling this set so cheap but who cares, it is now in my house and so pretty! I'm debating on whether or not to paint it, I like the off white color but would love to paint the top brown but the chairs are another story, that would be a pain to paint around those spindles. So for the time being, it's being left alone and a nice new addition to my kitchen.
2 peeps thought this was cool:
Great deal!
Score! I need to hit the garage sales... I need an old dresser to use as a console.
Post a Comment