We visited our local pumpkin patch a few weeks ago and Colin picked out this gigantic pumpkin. If you wanted to see something crazy, you should have seen us trying to get this monster home. We walked to the patch and I pushed Ella in the stroller so luckily the basket was big enough to hold it but it sure did add to my work out of pushing the stroller and pumpkin.
I waited a little longer to carve the pumpkin because I didn't want it to mush up. Last year we had to use a shovel to scrape the pumpkin off the sidewalk....gross!! I thought we'd make it a family event but Ella wasn't having any part of it, she has a pretty strict routine at night and doesn't like anything to interfere with it. So her meltdown lead to a halt of the pumpkin carving so she'd get a bath, bottle and bed. At least I was able to get a few pictures with her there. My mom gave me a neat tip for carving, we carved the hole at the bottom so the top would look real pretty and I must say, it was pretty easy. The guts were easy to scoop out and the top remained real pretty. Since Colin was really grossed out by touching the guts and the actual carving was up to me, I gave him some other jobs. I helped him draw on a face and then after I carved the pieces, I let him pull them out. He was super thrilled with that and kept giggling as he pulled the pieces out.
10.27.2010
Pumpkins, Pumpkins!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 peeps thought this was cool:
CUTE! I love the idea of carving it from the bottom.
Post a Comment