The birthday girl and Colin
My boys
30 is the new 20.....I've heard this statement plenty today. Today is my 30th birthday. I don't feel 30 but I sure don't feel 20. I guess I still see myself playing house instead of the actual adult that I am. Suddenly as I'm sitting in the drive thru at Dairy Queen does it hit me when the high schooler hands me my burger and calls me Ma'am. I've been called that several times but this time I'm a 30 year old Ma'am.
I've had a great birthday though. Even though Jay leaves for work at 6:30am, he went out first thing this morning and bought me donuts. Colin and I shared a morning of donut holes and Mr. Rogers in bed. I got to work this morning and there were flowers on my desk. It seriously freaked me out though because my boss is out of town and no one has a key to the office. I called Jay freaked out and he said that he did it last night when I sent him to the store for formula. (I thought it took him longer than normal) He is such a sweetheart and finally getting that chics like the effort that you put towards any special day. Not so much the gift but the effort and careful planning it took. My desk has been blown up by flowers, the ones from Jay and a beautiful arrangement from my parents.
Tonight for dinner he grilled us some steaks and we had a nice dinner at home. To top off for dessert he came out with a giant cookie cake all decorated and a couple of nicely wrapped presents (if anyone has seen Jay's wrapping knows that I use that term lightly). Colin gave me a very sweet card and a new shirt. Jay gave me a card with the reminder that I'm 30 on the front, at least it was a gem encrusted number 30 though. A gift that shocked me though was a brand new digital camera!!! It's awesome, a Sony Powershot SX100. I told Colin he had to go to bed right away so I could play with it. However, the season finale of Gray's Anatomy is on so I'll have to play in between commericals.
I've had one of the best birthday's I've had in a long time, let's hope that 30 is the new 20.



2 peeps thought this was cool:
wow jay sounds like a great guy ;)
Yay!! A blog!! I had no idea today was your birthday....Happy 30th, my friend! You wear it VERY well!!
Post a Comment