5.27.2008

What good are insects?

I'll have to post more about our Memorial day weekend when I get the pictures from my mom but in the mean time, chigger's suck and so do wasps!

I just had to get this out of my system and this is a way to keep both my hands on the keyboard and not scratching. I have about 30 bites on my mid section. What's up with that?? I swear there are 6 behind just 1 knee and 4 on the other. Let's not forget to mention the ones in the unmentionable areas. That sure does make for some dirty looks when trying hard not to scratch. It has kept me up the last 2 nights because the sheets or my leg will rub one on my leg and I can't help but scratch and that just feels too good so I keep scratching. I'm going to try clear nailpolish as I had heard that from multiple sources. Anything is better than nothing.

Another useless insect, the wasp. I was stung on the back of my arm at my grandma's too. Damn thing just came out of no where and attacked me. I was on my way to the car to get Colin's swimsuit (which by the way, he hates cold water but who could blame him) and it cut me off mid step and stabbed me. My mom rushed inside to get some baking soda and slathered my arm. It hurt so bad to even touch for the rest of the day. What purpose do wasps serve anyway?

2 peeps thought this was cool:

Ruth said...

Next time, to prevent chiggers, put some powdered sulfur and some baby powder mixed in a sock, dust all of your areas with it, and you will be chigger free. That is a tip from my dad. Every year he saved the entire Girl Scout Camp from chiggers by doing that to everyone!!

Shannon said...

Ruth - Where were you on Sunday?? LOL I'm so going to remember that the next time I visit my grandma. Luckily Colin didn't get bit though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails