Brace yourself, this is going to be long.......
Now that I've had quite a bit of energy lately, I've been on a cleaning frenzy, call it nesting if you wish but I just call it catching up on being lazy for 14 weeks during the first trimester. Jay is even a bit happier now that I've resumed cooking. Let's just say, if Mama ain't happy with food, everyone can fend for themselves! To say that I always have a ton of projects on my to-do list is an understatement, when do I ever not have anything on my to-do list?
We had new granite counter tops installed a few weeks ago and it just reminds me how crappy the paint job is in the kitchen. There was a border that I had to put up because of how the seams of the old counters looked up against the wall so that is in the process of coming down and of course new paint is going up.
The file clean out day has come and gone and am now so much happier that all that junk has been shredded. I filled 4 garbage bags full of shredded material. I just need to clean the desk off and it will be much much cleaner in that little nook of our master bedroom.
I am going to be moving Colin's playroom to another bedroom that is currently being served as the guest room to make room for a new nursery. I figured that the biggest room would be a good fit for a playroom/guest room since we do have out of town guests stay. I will just trade in the queen bed for a day bed with 2 twin beds to maintain the space needed for kiddos to play.
With this room change comes the daunting task of cleaning out closets. The guest closet is full of craft supplies, gift wrapping stuff and other random crap. The closet in the old playroom is full of holiday decorations, my wedding dress and of course, more random crap. In addition to these two closets, I have a hall closet that is full of picture frames, extra bed linens and board games. Can you tell that a lesson in spring cleaning is being learned here. I can't believe I have so much junk piled up in so many closets.
I've started with the guest room and clearing out all unnecessary craft items. I've held on to them for so many years thinking that I'll get around to using something and I've got to get a grasp on reality that it just isn't going to happen. I'm hanging onto sewing stuff, scrapbooking stuff and a few items that are painting projects. It's a little tight in there right now because that closet is also home to my maternity wardrobe for the time being but thankfully it's a walk in closet so there is still plenty of room to merge all the other junk from around the house.
I'm sure I've mentioned the master bathroom before, it's a nightmare. I swear who ever invented wallpaper should be whipped with wet bamboo. The stuff is pretty and also pretty expensive. Since our house was built in the mid 90's, wallpaper was still hip (again, I don't know why?) so all 3 bathrooms and the kitchen had wallpaper in them. The problem with this is that the previous owners decided to not remove it and paint but to just paint over the wallpaper. This makes for such a pain in the butt upkeep. I started to tear the wallpaper off from the master bathroom but it had to have been painted over 10 times because it's so thick that it's like peeling asphalt off the walls so I've given up. I thought that papering over it would be a solution but geez, have you seen how much that damn stuff costs? I'm not going cheap either but $30 for a single roll is outrageous since I'm going to need at least 8 of them. So back to square one. After talking with the wallpaper expert, my mom, I decided to patch the areas where the paper has been removed, add some texture and just paint over all of it again.
I thought about posting pictures of the before but I'll wait until it's done and post them side by side to show the nature of the beast I'm up against. If I posted the before pictures now, I'd swear someone would submit me to that new TLC show "Hoarding, burying alive" That show is just crazy!!
3.26.2010
Whatcha up to?
Rambled by Shannon 6:04 AM
Labels: decorating, organizing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 peeps thought this was cool:
That hoarding show IS crazy!! Can't wait to see the before and after pics!
Post a Comment