Sit back and relax, this is going to be a picture filled post!
Minus a few details that I need to hang on the wall, the nursery is finally finished and ready for our little popsicle. I transformed the play room into the nursery. I decided that the biggest room which is the guest room would be converted into a guest room/playroom because I'd really like to leave all toys out of the kids bedrooms. This is what the room looked like before as the play room.
Now my part could start, I painted the bottom portion first, it's a lovely shade of green called "Pesto". Once I got the bottom layer on, I started on the top layer which was a color called "Pretty Petunia" and although I think it's a little darker than I initially wanted, it looks fantastic and matches the fabric perfectly. The joining of the two colors came from a very pretty nursery design that I found online and I just modified it a tiny bit to match my overall vision for the room.
And after a round and round battle with some fabric, I finished the crib skirt (although I'm not completely happy with it and will probably alter it some), the quilt, curtains, table cloth, lamp shade and changing table caddy. I now have a new respect for people that make girl clothes because I have a serious issue with ruffles! I love the look of them and they are pretty easy just tedious. I mentioned in a previous post that I didn't find teddy bear pictures that I liked so I took some gorgeous ones using a few teddy bears that I bought.
And then finally, baby girl needs a name! Another round and round battle to get one nailed down. Little popsicle will be named Ella Katherine. Ella is my great grandmother's name and Katherine is Jay's grandmother's name. So off to Michael's I went to get some letters to paint and hang over the crib.
So there it is.....the newest room and I might add my favorite room in the house! Just a few more months to go and it'll be fully stocked and ready for our baby girl.













2 peeps thought this was cool:
That is absolutely beautiful! You did a great job!
Fit for a princess :)
Love, Love, Love it and I LOVE her beautiful name!
Post a Comment