5.06.2010

It's nearing completion....sort of

The baby's room is coming along and now has hit a snag.  I finished painting and it looks fabulous! I've put all the furniture in the proper spots and after a small delay with the design of the crib skirt, that's finished.

This is a preview of the fabrics that I'm working with to design the room.  I'll do another post dedicated to the transformation of the whole room when it's finished.  I promise it'll be before she gets here.
Now I'm working on the quilt.  I had one patchwork one done but after many second glances, I didn't really like it so I started taking it apart and repositioning pieces and basically going with a whole other design for it.  After many hours piecing and sewing last night, it's still not fitting right.  What's the problem you ask?  CHENILLE!  It's a gorgeous vintage type of fabric but it's a pain in the ass to sew.  I went through this same thing with Colin's quilt yet it was a little more forgiving and turned out ok.  This type is just too stretchy and is giving me all sorts of headaches.  I'm thinking of just removing all of it and starting completely over.  Or, do I really need a quilt?  I didn't actually ever use Colin's, it just laid across the back of the rocker and then got boxed up with his nursery decor.  I'm going to use the chenille on the footstool and probably another project but this is my second attempt at the quilt and it's driving me bonkers.

On a positive note, the photographs are turning out incredible.  I'm not really doing a "theme" like I did in Colin's room with the lambs but have multiple teddy bears around the room.  After a brief search for poster prints, I came up empty handed on what I really wanted.  Then I got the brilliant idea to take a few photographs of the teddy bears that I have and blow them up and frame.  I did one just on black background and altered the color of the photo, hung in a crackle frame and it's just beautiful.  The second one I did was a teddy bear nestled in ivy next to a beautiful garden sign at my parents house.  I again, altered the color and blew it up even bigger and am in the process of crackling the frame.  This picture turned out even better than I thought, it's awesome.

I hope to have pictures of the finished room soon, it's just precious and very fitting of a little princess.

2 peeps thought this was cool:

Unknown said...

I cannot wait! Seriously, Colin's nursery is my FAVORITE!

Ruth said...

pictures, pictures!! you know i think that lime green and pink is the best way to go! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails