6.03.2010

Maternity Clothes oddities

There is no secret that I'm not a big fan of maternity clothes.  I'm tall and thin and stuff just fits funny and can't find many shirts that are long enough to cover the elastic panel in my pants.  It would also seem that the makers of maternity clothes think that the only thing you need to wear is yoga pants and t-shirts.  I'd love to wear that stuff every day but I work full time and would like to dress up a bit more than that.  Yes, I live in my flip flops but you can still wear cute stuff and flip flops.  I swear this needs to be made into a comedy skit because it's hilarious!

I was sitting at my desk today and the lotion was starting to wear off so my ever stretching belly started to itch.  As I'm sitting here feeling very manly scratching my belly, I notice that the pants I'm wearing have a zipper.  Ok, most people wouldn't think twice about a pair of pants having a zipper but you see, the pants have a FULL elastic belly panel.  It's elastic panel, top of pants, teeny zipper and that's it.  There is no button before the zipper.  I'm starting to now wonder about this zipper so I head to the bathroom to inspect it further because let's face it, I can't see the zipper, too much belly in the way.  If I can't see my feet, how on earth am I going to see this zipper.  It's the oddest thing, I can understand the sewn in flap to make it look like real jean types but why go to the extra expense and trouble to put a zipper in.  It's not even a useable zipper, it's literally only an inch and a half long.  Nothing's going in or out of that sucker! 

1 peeps thought this was cool:

Unknown said...

Kind of funny!

Related Posts with Thumbnails