We're all sitting on pins and needles as we wait for precious Ella to make her arrival. I was at the doctor last week and I'm 2 cm dilated, 75% effaced and -1 station so literally she's sitting right there waiting on her grand entrance. We briefly talked about an induction date of 1 week before my due date but have serious doubts that I'll last that long. It would be sort of exciting to go into labor spontaneously but having both sets of grandparents 2 1/2 hrs away and finding someone to watch after a 3 yr old sort of un-nerves me. I loved having everything planned with Colin's delivery and being so calm going to the hospital where everyone knew what was going on and everyone was there with no rush.
We took Colin to Build-A-Bear so he could make himself a special toy and for him to make a teddy bear to give his baby sister at the hospital when she's born. I thought it might be a nice bonding moment for him and help to really grasp the whole new sibling thing. After all the talking and even the hospital tour, I'm still not quite convinced that he totally gets it. Of course I had one of those mommy brain farts and even though I had my camera in my purse, I didn't take any pictures of him making this special gift for Ella. What's wrong with me, I'm a habitual picture taker! He made himself a cute little puppy and dressed it up in a Sheriff Woody outfit (no big surprise there!) And I've already bought the Pillow Pet that will be Ella's present to Colin so he'll get that at the hospital. So to be completely honest, we're just about as ready as can be, so now if she's ready to come on out, we're anxious to meet her!
7.31.2010
Any day now....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 peeps thought this was cool:
SUPER excited!! I'll be sitting ON the phone! <3
Post a Comment