The role of home ownership requires a long list of revolving renovations. There is always something to be done and something to be fixed. Our house was built in the mid 90's which surprisingly still held a peak in wallpaper decor. The kitchen and all bathrooms had wallpaper but the previous owners thought it was a brilliant idea to paint over it. We painted our own colors when we moved in but the smooth flat surface with occasional seam bothers me. I've thought about putting wallpaper back up over the painted surface in our master bathroom but after searching books I've realized how expensive that stuff is so I've decided to texture and paint like a normal room should be. I found some neat stuff at Home Depot that is wall texture in a can and while it stated that 1 can can cover 100 sq ft, I have to disagree. I decided to start with our half bathroom downstairs, I bought 1 can. That 1 can turned into 6 cans! Colin and I were holed upstairs while Jay tackled the spraying because it was quite toxic but in the end that didn't even do any good, we had to head outside and open all the windows to air it all out. After it dried, I repainted the bathroom and oh my goodness does it look fabulous! It's not at all that fake looking and looks like real textured walls. I haven't decided what to hang on the walls yet, I want to pick the perfect decor before finishing it but for the time being, I'm just in awe of the fantastic work.
The next project on the list is the master bathroom. I've bought the paint and bought the texture, now I just need the stamina and lack of frontal load to tackle it. I believe this will finally get done while I'm on maternity leave. It's only been a standstill project for the past 3 years. I did however paint our vanity white, it's been on my mind to do for a while and finally decided to do it and it looks so much better than that builder oak cabinet that doesn't match anything. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to put a faux finish on them or not but for the time being it's just white.
7.29.2010
More home projects
Rambled by Shannon 10:05 AM
Labels: home project
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 peeps thought this was cool:
Post a Comment