I never realized how many things I'd be afraid of that relate to parenthood. I started to wonder this yesterday evening when Jay brought the hot dogs off the grill. I debated on whether to give Colin a full hot dog or cut it up.
1. Hot dogs and Corndogs - Colin loves them but they seriously put me on the edge of my seat the whole time he's eating them and I'm constantly in his face to tell him to chew them up real good and to take tiny bites.
2. SIDS - This scares the living crap out of me and I don't think I got a decent night sleep until Colin was at least 10 months old and I still went in to check on him every hour or so.
3. Cord Entanglement - I was always afraid that my pregnancy would go along just fine and in the last month the baby would get tangled up in the cord. I'm still scared........
4. Losing my children - I keep both eyes on Colin at all times and I'm still scared that he'll some how get away from me and someone will take him. This fear is heightened with the thought of keeping an eye on 2 children which will most likely be running in 2 different directions.
5. Water in general - I love the pool and Colin loves the water but my fear is drowning at home. I had to put the knob covers on the bathroom doors when Colin discovered that toys make a good splash when you throw them in the toilet but I feared that he'd go in after his toys and drown in the toilet or turn on the water by himself. I'm not sure when those knob covers are ever going to come off. Luckily for now if he has to pee in the middle of the night, which is very very rare, he comes to wake me up.
7.19.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 peeps thought this was cool:
I could add about 47 things to this list. Just think about when they start driving and going on dates and off to college....
I agree with Ruth. I hate to say, but it only gets worse!
Post a Comment