7.21.2010

Kid's Intuition

I know that kid's have a keen sense of intuition but I never really understood how strong it really is.  At a recent OB appt, I took Jay and Colin along with me because they were going to do an ultrasound and I always like for them to be part of those so they can see how the baby has developed.  Little did I know that I would need them there during this appt more for support.  If it had just been Jay and I, I would have fallen apart but knowing that I couldn't cry or get upset in front of Colin in fear of scaring him was even better that he was there.  But again, kids know things are going on.  The technician spent a bit more time than normal on the baby's heart, she thought an area looked concerning and wanted my OB to take a peek as well.  He noticed the same area but wasn't sure what it was.  He said it could be a thickness in heart muscle or possibly fluid in that lung.  He wanted me to go visit a perinatologist for a better view with their machines.  Colin and Jay sat in a chair behind the machine and watched on the monitor but of course the view wasn't very good because baby girl is just all sorts of squished and not sure what they were ever looking at so more time was spent coloring and having some snacks.  As I laid on the table for 40 minutes during the scan, Colin walked over to an open side of the bed and held my hand.  I said "hi, buddy" and he said "it's ok Mommy"  Oh gosh, I just love that little boy, he's just so sweet natured.  I said "Yes, everything's ok" and he proceeded to kiss my hand and gave me that brilliant little smile that just melts my heart.  How on earth he knew that was the appropriate time that I needed some reassurance.  I asked the nurse if they would call because I figured that I'd probably stand a better chance of getting a quicker appt than if I called.  And yes it was because they told me to come over right then. 

After another long wait at the specialists office, we got back and with their machines and the possibility that the baby had moved into a different position, the doctor said that the shadowy area was most likely her liver that they were looking at.  He said that all her organs looked perfect and should not have any reason to be concerned otherwise.  Colin was right, everything was ok.

1 peeps thought this was cool:

Unknown said...

Breathing a sigh of relief!

Related Posts with Thumbnails