6.16.2008

Ode to my baby daddy....

My poor husband, he probably had a miserable 1st father's day. He had to work all weekend but we were still going to try to make it special for him by visiting his office for lunch and having a little bit of fun when he got home. Well, a little germ had other plans. I came down with a nasty little virus that has yet to be evicted from my body and kept me down and out for most of the weekend. In addition to my poor husband, my poor child, had to be forced to entertain himself as much as possible while Mommy laid on the couch or the floor in the upstairs playroom. We did manage to run out Saturday afternoon to get Jay a nice gift and some diapers. So with all that going on, he's still such a trooper. As soon as he got home from a 12 hour work day, he bathed and put Colin to bed and then ran out to get me some ice cream to soothe the wickedly swollen glands that have prevented me from eating anything. What a guy! I've read so many blog posts about the wonderful husbands and father's out there that I felt bad for such a crappy father's day that was in store for my baby daddy. We'll have to plan something nice this weekend as a father's day rain-out.


Honey, I love you more than you know. You're a wonderful father and to see Colin's face light up when you walk in the door is just magical. He simply adores you and so do I, thank you for taking such good care of us.
Proud New Daddy

Soothing a colicky baby

Taking his son to his first baseball game

My Favorite picture.....My boys!


Edit to add: The nasty little virus that I thought I had, turned out to be STREP! I just hope that isn't an extra Father's Day gift to Jay. I swear Day School is just a petri dish for germs!

1 peeps thought this was cool:

Ruth said...

Hope you feel better!! I love the pics when Colin was so small. Sweet post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails