
Today is our 6th anniversary. At this moment 6 years ago, I was getting my hair finished up and about to head over to the church to start getting dressed. That day was such a blur though, even though everyone told me that the day goes by so fast and to take in every moment of it. Maybe tonight we'll watch our wedding video and have some popcorn after we put Colin to bed. It's been a wonderful 6 years, some ups and downs, some moves and some growing up. We've discovered our strengths and weakness' as a couple, learned which battles to pick and yet the end of the day is filled with love and laughter. Gosh, that man knows how to make me laugh. I look forward to many more years of the love and laughter.
We went to church this morning (that's a whole other topic) and are planning on going to the pool this afternoon and then to Babies R Us for a much needed baby gate (also another topic).
Ok, church. We haven't been in a few weeks due to going out of town and being so busy on the weekends. Well, now that Colin likes to be down all the time and hates to be held still, church was a bit awkward. He's found his voice, a little too well. He hollars in all the right moments, during a silent prayer, during the announcements and during the offering. He picked the right moment to lose his grip from my leg and fall to the floor and bumping his head on the pew in front of us, during the sermon! He screamed and wailed as I exited him to the back of the church. I apologized to the pastor but he always looks forward to seeing Colin. We did find that cheerios are our best friend. It keeps his hands and mouth busy so we'll stock up on those and be sure they are ALWAYS in the church bag.
Baby Gate: We've been lucky that Colin hasn't really ventured outside of our back family room and kitchen. But now he's discovered the front living room/dining room which is where the stairs are. He proceeded to climb up 3 stairs before I caught him. We've had a gate at the top of the stairs for when he's up there and crawls from room to room but now we're in the market for one at the bottom too. See pictures below.






1 peeps thought this was cool:
Hppy Anniversary, my friend!! I hope you have many more! And, I am soo glad you started blogging!!
Post a Comment