I am not sure if this is the first episode of this show or if I missed a few beforehand. I caught the middle part of this show while Colin was sucking down his milk before bed. The part that I started at was when the real parents are dropping their kids off with the older kids. I'm not sure if these older kids are married or just dating or even legal to drive. Anyway, I know there are gobs and gobs of baby books and parenting books but since when did babies come with instruction manuals? I had to find out for myself that Colin liked pears over peaches and that prunes make a big ole mess in his diaper. I had to learn on my own that if you give him something to play with, diaper changing goes a lot smoother. It's understandable that these older kids need more supervision with other people's children but if the purpose of the show is to teach these teens that raising a baby is hard work, then they really should be shown that. I've got mixed feelings on the show, it's good to actually show more teens that it's hard but it's also sort of glamorizing it too. I don't know if I could let some teens take care of my child for 3 days and nights, kudos to those parents.
7.02.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 peeps thought this was cool:
I agree wholeheartedly!
Post a Comment