7.22.2008

Shhhh, I'm cleaning

I'm privilaged to work only 3 blocks from home and able to go home for lunch. I have a daily to-do list that I try to stick to but most often I'm just picking up stuff around the house that got left behind during our morning rush. I try to finish all the laundry during the week so I don't have to do it on the weekend, I want that time for family and fun stuff. My schedule allows a small chore to be done in my hour lunch time like dusting the downstairs or cleaning the 3 bathrooms or vacumming the upstairs. I don't like to do chores at night because I feel that tiny portion of the day is made for Colin and Jay. I actually find salvation in doing some tidying up during my lunch hour because the house is nice and quiet. Today, I ran a load of dishes in the dishwasher and started a load of laundry, that little hum in the background is nice in a quiet house. I don't have to worry about a little one entangled in my legs or tripping over the masses of toys laying around. Have you ever wondered how you can get so much done in just an hour all by yourself? It's amazing!

4 peeps thought this was cool:

Unknown said...

Sneaky, sneaky Momma! You are ENTIRELY too organized!

Jackie said...

Love your blog Shannon...too cute! Anyway, I would KILL to work that close to home! I'd so be doing the same thing!

Ruth said...

You are a mess!! In a good way!! I LOVE that feeling of getting things done in a small amount of time. Like the amount of time you have from when someone calls to say they are coming over to the time they actually get there. SOOO much can be done in that little time period! Love the post!

Stephanie said...

You are way more productive than I would be. I think if I had an hourI would skip lunch and cleaning and take a nap or read.

p.s. your blog is beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails