7.15.2008

Family Legacy

It's amazing to see where we come from, who we look like and what personality traits we get from our parents. We recently discovered some baby pictures of my dad. Until now, we just saw a good mixture of both Jay and I in Colin but after seeing these pictures, Colin looks a lot like my dad. It made me start to think about who we all look like and I started to dig through family pictures. It's already well known that I'm a miniature version of my mom (well, maybe not miniature since I'm taller than she is) and I've posted pictures from when she was my age.

Grandpa Byrd, Dad and Uncle Ken
Grandma and Grandpa Byrd, my dad is the older baby and Uncle Ken is the little baby. We're guessing that dad is about 15 months old in this picture. Maybe January 1953?
Christmas 1983. Dustin is almost a year old and I've always
said that Colin looked a lot like my brother when he was born.

March 1984

Christmas 1986. Such a dashing family......sooo 80's! With the exception of the super short hair my mom is sporting, I look a lot like her.
I think this was Sea World, 1989. We can usually tell what year it is based on my mom's hair-do. (I love you Mom!) I'm probably going to regret posting this picture, this is my pre-teen goofball stage but it's a happy picture before those awkward teenage years that my parents dreaded.
I hope we're able to do just as good of a job that my grandparents did molding the personalities of my parents and the job my parents did of molding me. Parenting is a hard job and it's only going to get harder but I know we're going to take the time to teach him the right things.
I need to dig through a box of pictures that Jay's mom gave me and I'll try to find some of the traits that Colin got from him.

4 peeps thought this was cool:

Ruth said...

i LOVE looking at old pics of people I know! Love this post!

brooke said...

great pictures! Grandpa Byrd and your dad look sooo much alike!

Unknown said...

I think that Colin looks like your brother!

Stephanie said...

That's great. I am adopted so it's so fun to see my kids look like me. Finally.

Related Posts with Thumbnails