1.16.2009

Grumpy old man winter


Texas Winter; while it isn't a blizzard outside and constant worry about whether I need to put chains on my tires just to get to work, I'm sick of winter already. I'm getting very tired of coats, hats, mittens, bare trees, seat warmers, smog from exhaust pipes, layers of clothes, cold bare floors, chapped lips and cheeks, static hair and over all cabin fever. Texas has 9 months of summer and 3 months of winter. We just aren't used to cold weather, it's not part of why we love Texas. A typical winter consists of heat in the morning and a/c in the afternoon, the temps this week have been cold in the morning and remained cold. I miss capri pants and flip flops.....come on El Nino, let's have an early spring!

5 peeps thought this was cool:

Unknown said...

I just want a little snow and THEN spring can come!!

T- said...

Even though I don't wear capri pants, I'm still ready for warmer weather.

I hate the cold.

Tania said...

HA! I don't meant to laugh, but when I took Sam to school yesterday it was -9 with a wind chill of -20 something! All the schools were closed Thursday and Friday because of the severe cold. AND we have at least 3 months more of this...

Shannon said...

We'd love to see you guys move back to Texas!

Nana said...

Forget the groundhog.......I saw a robin in the park by your house on New Year's morning when your Dad and I took a walk! Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails