I know these are ancient pictures now but with all the hussle and bussle of the holidays, I didn't get a chance to share these. Mom and Dad took us to see ICE! at the Gaylord Texan on Christmas Day. They had been to the exhibit a few years ago and wanted us all to go. I packed our coats and hats and gloves for the exhibit but quickly realized that we weren't prepared for it to be that cold. It was 9 degrees with a slight wind chill. I'd hate to see their a/c bill! After we got our tickets, we made our way down to the line to go in and saw them handing out parka's and luckily they also had kid's sizes. Colin was such a trooper, he really wanted to get up and run around but once he was bundled up and strapped into the stoller, he rode just fine. The exhibits were simply beautiful and amazing. It's hard to believe that all these things were once just a chunk of ice and molded into something so beautiful. We went around 2 pm and I don't think I regained feeling in my feet until about 7 pm. 


1.07.2009
ICE!
Rambled by Shannon 9:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 peeps thought this was cool:
Exhibit looks amazing. I've heard from others that they really enjoyed it. Ruth and I wanted to go this year, but were hesitant to take Callie with 9 degree environment. Colin is such a trooper---we'll probably make it there next year! Thanks for the information.
BEAUTIFUL!!!
I ADORE the matching snowsuits!
Post a Comment