11.02.2009

Happy Halloween!

We had already planned on being out of town for Halloween, I had a baby shower that I was co-hosting in Houston and Jay was flying back from London on Friday so we planned that I would pick him up in Houston. I made Colin's costume a few weeks ago so that I had it all ready but every time I put it on him, he pitched a holy fit and refused to keep it on. I was already dreading that he wouldn't wear it. I couldn't even get pictures of him in it beforehand so I just hoped that he'd keep it on for trick-or-treating. The costume itself however was very easy to make and I finished it in under 2 hours. I wasn't able to find the right kind of costume so I improvised and made the body suit from a pumpkin pattern and added a makeshift tail and the hat was really supposed to be a lamb hat but I just made the ears longer. So the big day comes and we're getting ready to head out to the party, we'd been practicing the words "trick-or-treat" all day so I hoped he was ready. He tends to clam up with strangers so I was a bit afraid that he'd get stage fright and just stare like a deer in headlights. We get to the party, he fights me a tiny bit on the costume but after it's on, we're ready to go and he never messed with it again. He impressed me so much. He walked up with the rest of the group of kids to each door, told each person "trick-or-treat" and then said thank you. I was so proud of him! I wasn't sure what to expect, if he'd clam up, if he would be afraid of scary masks or strangers or if he would cry for me to carry him the whole time but he was such a big boy!

Colin in his puppy costume ready to go (a few people did think he was a bunny but not sure how)

Mommy, the little puppy and Daddy
Waiting his turn....
Trick-or-Treat!

0 peeps thought this was cool:

Related Posts with Thumbnails