Santa Visit 2009: Still again, no smile but thankfully no tears. Since I decided to take Colin early in the season to try to avoid the line, there hasn't been much mention about Santa so I wasn't quite sure if he remembered learning about Santa last year. I talked it up to get him ready and we even practiced what he would tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas. We're going to get Colin a tricycle but it was easier for him to say bicycle instead so every time I asked Colin what he was going to tell Santa he wanted for Christmas, he'd shout "A bicycle" Ok, good, I think he was ready. Well that darn shy bug tagged along on our trip to see Santa and Colin clammed up tight. He sat on his lap good but was very apprehensive of the jolly guy. Oh well, I got a decent picture.
We left with a shiny jingle bell present from Santa and went to pay for our pictures. Colin kept pulling on my arm and mumbling. I knelt down to ask him what he wanted and he says "where's my bicycle?" Man, I didn't even think about trying to explain this to a 2 yr old. I do applaud him for grasping the link between Santa and a bicycle but there's no way for him to understand the concept of waiting until Santa comes to your house on Christmas Eve. Poor boy thought he was going to get his bicycle that same day. I'm sorry sweetheart, it'll be a few more weeks before you get it. I hate to be that person that just peed in his Cheerios but a cookie from the food court solved all those problems.
I love stories like this that I can share with him later on and tell him just how cute he is. He'll laugh from the back seat and just yell "I'm a funny boy" Yes Colin, you are a riot!
11.24.2009
Next year we'll get a smile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 peeps thought this was cool:
He's so smart! Sweet picture!
A great post, Shannon---yes this will be a memory-keeper!
Post a Comment