1.08.2011

Ever wonder what a 7 ft crayon looks like?

I've had this in my head for quite some time but haven't had the chance to get around to actually do it.  Even though I knew it would be super easy and not take much time, it was just the time to get the supplies.  I bought an 8 ft board, some eye hooks and paint.  I took my handy jig saw and cut it down to 7 ft (length of the window+a little extra) and cut the tip of the crayon.  I spray painted it a vibrant yellow and then added the details with black paint.  I screwed in some eye hooks on the back and the hung it up on the wall above the window.  SWEET!

Then I've also tackled another project sitting in the garage.  I bought this bench off craigs list in November for $20. 
 I sanded and re-painted it, I'm not totally happy with the paint job but for now it looks better than it did.  I started taking the layers of fabric off and would have taken more off but the 2nd to the last layer was put in with finishing nails.
Then put on the new fabric I bought at Garden Ridge, yes you read that right, Garden Ridge has a pretty good selection of upholstery fabric in 2-3 yd increments for about $6.  I need to get some coordinating color pillows for it and some cute little baskets to put underneath but this neat little find now graces my entry way.

0 peeps thought this was cool:

Related Posts with Thumbnails