1.04.2011

New Year's Resolutions


I've said before, I hate the word resolution because it's just another word for starting something you won't finish.  But I've got some room for improvements, I want to get back into shape, what I mean by in shape is not the round kind.  My belly still looks 5 months pregnant and I DON'T LIKE IT.  I can fit into my clothes but the skin elasticity is shot to hell and I've got to fix it, pronto!  I've never had to exercise so this is just that aging process that I haven't gotten used to yet.  I'm going to be one of those slackers that joins the gym at the start of the new year and doesn't go back after March.  But I actually joined after Thanksgiving but I got really sick and then had to catch up for Christmas so all my time went out the window. 

Finishing the list of home projects is a high priority for 2011.  I've made a list out room by room and hope to start crossing things off.  It's little piddly things like making curtains, finishing the chair rail in Colin's room, etc.  I just want it all done!

De-clutter:  I spent a good portion of the latter part of 2010 cleaning stuff out of closets and I want to continue to clean out the clutter.  I'm tired of pushing things around, shoving them into drawers and storing it away.  If we don't use it, it goes away.....period!  I've got to get better about buying the little clutter too.  After putting all the Christmas decorations away, things already look so much better.

Garage Workshop:  We're getting a new car and that means it won't be able to go into the garage since it'll be too big.  So that extra space in the garage can be used as a workshop.  I'm talking a work bench, shelves, cabinets, lots of organizing......my mouth just filled up with saliva, I'm getting too excited.

Did I mention that I work full time and have 2 kids?  Breathe, a little bit at a time and it'll all come together!

0 peeps thought this was cool:

Related Posts with Thumbnails