9.03.2009

Next step....big boy bed!

Last weekend I took Colin's crib down....gasp! He's never even attempted to crawl out but he's getting older and learning more indepence at school so I figure this is the next step. A trial bed (crib mattress) has been set up on the floor until we get his furniture. I guess I've also timed this right so we can hit the Labor Day sales at the furniture stores too. My grandma is making Colin's quilt for his new big boy room and will feature multi colored cars. Sure, all boys like cars and my boy loves them so this is a perfect fit for his first room. The nursery doesn't really count because it was gender neutral since we didn't know he was a boy before he was born. His new redesigned room will be another post since it's not even close to being done. He started out just fine on the mattress on the floor, I've been having to sit in his room until he falls asleep so this was no different. He did fine, laid there and eventually fell asleep. I went in a few times to check on him and he was still on the bed. I must have slept extremely hard that night because I didn't even budge to think about checking on him throughout the night. I heard him come out of his room at 6 am so I'm not sure if he was sleeping the whole night on the bed or if he ended up on the floor. I'll get one of those rails for his new big boy bed since that will be a lot farther to the floor. The next 3 nights he had to sleep in our bedroom as I was painting his room and needless to say, those nights he wandered into bed with me which then kicked Jay out to the couch. The 5th night was back to normal, bath, brush teeth, books and bed. I've been very proud of him for taking this step in stride because of course as a mother, I worry about everything and how he's going to handle the change. I should know better that with Colin, he's such an easy going kid that change doesn't affect him much. Sure he throws his temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way and gets cranky when he's tired but over all the big changes are just easy.

Colin getting ready for his first night out of the crib.
Sleep tight little one!
This one is just funny. One of the nights he slept in our room.

1 peeps thought this was cool:

Unknown said...

CUTENESS! It looks like he's doing really good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails