9.29.2009

Juggling with fevers


It was hard when Colin was a baby since they tend to get sick a lot but I never knew how guilty I'd feel about working. I told myself that I wanted to work so that both mommy and baby would be happy and content. I'm kicking myself now for working full time. It's so hard to juggle work and a sick child. My office is small and only has 3 people in the office, it's not unusual for me to be by myself in the office for a week at a time. This was not the week for me to juggle a fever and work. I got the call this morning at 9:30 that Colin had 101 fever. I knew he was coughing this morning but chalked it up to allergies so doped him up on some Zyrtek and out the door we went. Awh man, I can't deal with this right now. I called Jay but he had back to back conference calls and a project transition that he's been working on so he was no help. I'm on my own with this one. Frantic that the 1 case of swine flu at his school had spread, I called the doctor. But their practice was solidly booked up but offered up another location. Ok fine, this afternoon would have to work. He came back to my office for about an hour and then we went home for lunch when he passed out from the Motrin, at that point his temp had gotten up to 102....great! Luckily Jay was able to take Colin to the doctor so that my day wasn't completely wasted and I could get some work done. The diagnosis was simply a throat infection and bacterial so it is not contagious. Just a simple prescription and some tlc, he should be back to normal very quickly. I hate juggling and this part of being a mom really sucks sometimes. I shouldn't have to think about how I'm going break it to my boss about being out with my sick child, I should just have to worry about what flavor of ice cream my darling wants and how many episodes of Noddy I can take.

2 peeps thought this was cool:

Jackie said...

Been there, done that! Too many times to count! It sucks! Hope he feels better!

Unknown said...

I hope that the wee man is well soon! (((hugs)))

Related Posts with Thumbnails