
Living in an area where about 75% of people own shirts of a burnt orange color offers much discomfort for me during football season. Even though I never went to college, I feel that my roots are firmly planted in maroon dirt. It's in my blood and has been from my very first pair of howdy britches. I find a lot of despise for that burnt orange color this time of year when normally it doesn't bother me since I do know where we live and there's no getting away from it. But since I am the minority, I feel the need to represent and offer a little bit of color to the sea of orange that is around town on Saturday's. But as I tend to run my errands and such, I get the stink eye quite a bit for wearing my maroon shirts. What's wrong with a little friendly rivalry? We're all here to root for our favorite team, it just so happens that my team is the town teams rival.
9.05.2009
Rivalry Stink Eye
Rambled by Shannon 10:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 peeps thought this was cool:
Post a Comment