
I don't think I've ever made it a secret that Jay and I struggled to have a family. And we did struggle for many years. Round after round of fertility drugs and procedures and no success. Jay and I had been poked and prodded more times than we want to remember. October is very special to me because that's the month that we finally saw some results from the very long and bumpy road we travled. The success part of the journey actually started in March 2006, Jay lost his job in Houston. We had lived there for 3 years and had settled into a pretty nice little life. After a few job interviews and discussions Jay was offered not one job but three, he had the option of choosing between Houston, Dallas and Austin. The job in Houston was on the north side so we would have to move no matter what. I liked the idea of moving to Austin since neither Jay or I had visited there much but it would be a scary transition since we didn't know anyone there. Our family was either in Dallas/FW or in Houston. I was going to work one day and sat at a stop light right by my office, the car in front of me had a specialized license plate that said "AUSTIN 2" I knew that was the place we should be. Jay really enjoyed the scenery in Austin and liked that it wasn't flat like Houston. So, he accepted the offer, we put the house on the market and Jay moved a week later. It was when he received his new employment information that we learned that the new insurance covered invitro fertilization, the answer to our prayers. Now this wasn't a guarentee that we would finally have children but it was a step closer. As soon as I moved to Austin in July, I saw a doctor there who discovered that I had a minor glitch with my uterus but a quick surgery would fix it right up and we were then ready to begin. October began with lots of shots every day and constant visits to the doctor.......stay tuned for part II.
10.05.2009
Memory Lane Monday
Rambled by Shannon 11:21 AM
Labels: Memory Lane Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 peeps thought this was cool:
Post a Comment