2.22.2009

Poor man's polish

I don't know if this is just something that everyone knows or maybe just that little home remedy tidbit that we all know but just don't talk about. Toothpaste. It's the BEST silver polish in the world! I never realized how much I use it until this morning. We were getting ready for church and I pulled out a cross necklace that I received for my first confirmation (many, many years ago), it was tucked back behind several necklaces. I was sad to see a thick layer of tarnish covering it but made no second thoughts about pulling out the tube of toothpaste and rubbing the black tarnish away quickly before heading out the door. It made me start to think about other home remedy's that people have and I may have to start my own list for future reference.

3 peeps thought this was cool:

Unknown said...

I never knew that ... learn something new every day!

Ruth said...

I didn't know that, either!

Ruth said...

Another one...put a dryer sheet and some water in a crock-pot with stuck on yucky mess, let sit for awhile, the mess is a breeze to clean!

Related Posts with Thumbnails