2.02.2009

Utter Disappointment

There is always a way to incorporate a man's sport of football into a family friendly party for Super Bowl. The commercials! The men get to watch the game while the women get to visit with each other and chase after the kids and then like routine shift change the women get to watch the commercials while the men restock their plates with food. This year's Super Bowl had more than a handful of disappointing commercials. I find it a little ironic that during this time of economic hardship, the car dealers would try to find better things to do with $2.7 million dollars than a 30 second commercial during the Super Bowl. Do you think congress is going to all of a sudden give them more money to waste? I hope not but it wouldn't be the first thing that congress screwed up. I missed several potentially funny commercials and will have to re watch them this evening but I'm not exactly thrilled with the choices of commercials, it seemed to be a lot of movie previews and car commercials. Not to mention the 3-D effects really weren't that great, we got lucky and the party we were at had a load of 3-D glasses on hand.

2 peeps thought this was cool:

Unknown said...

I know. A bunch seemed awfully violent too.

Ruth said...

I didn't notice any...we didn't really watch over here. Good to know I didn't miss much!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails