2.24.2009

Why so far away?

Is there a step in the standard driver's education course that I missed that states you have to leave 2 car lengths between you and the car in front at a stop light? Seriously, what's up with people that do this? Jay and I talked about this the other day as we pulled up beside someone that was several car lengths behind the guy in front. For a split second Jay thought about just squeezing in front of the guy because there really was that much room. It occured to me again this morning as I'm sitting behind some POS car that is stopped so far away from the car in front of him at a turning light. The light is short enough and it just added that much time to the quickness to get through the light. I'm really not a fan of tailgating and it just scares the crap outta me to be followed so close but when you're at a stop light, all bets are off right? I guess you shouldn't stop so close in case you're rear ended. I should know this since I was rear ended at a stop light and sandwiched between 2 cars but it still bugs me. I think I'm just gearing up for the many Free Rant Friday's that I haven't posted lately.

3 peeps thought this was cool:

Diane said...

Thought about you and missing the free rants the other day---had too many A-holes whipping in and cutting in front of me and suddenly switching lanes. Turns into Diane doing the Brake Slam dance far too often in one day. Also, people shoving themselves into the out door. Sometimes life is too exciting!

Unknown said...

Oh I know! That kills me!

T- said...

I hate that, too! Arghhhh

Related Posts with Thumbnails