4.30.2009

The Thumb Nail

During our last stint at a car dealership, I was chasing Colin all around the showroom. He was playing nicely in the front seat of the car, pushing all the buttons and trying to turn the steering wheel. He hopped out and took off running. I tried to close the car door real quick and chase after him. Too bad for me, my body went quicker than my thumb, I slammed it in the car door. It started to swell up pretty quickly and started to bruise almost instantly and not to mention that it hurt like a SOB. I had to take multiple doses of tylenol just so I could sleep, the throbbing made it pretty difficult to sleep. After a few days, the soreness went away but the bruising just continued to get darker and darker. So here I am 3 weeks later and it's just as ugly as can be. Just when will it either fall off or return to normal? I'd like to get a manicure next week but wonder if they'll give me a discount for only doing 9 nails?

First picture was taken 3 weeks ago, the night it happened.

Second picture was taken this evening

3 peeps thought this was cool:

Tania said...

The same thing happened to me last August when I dropped a jar of baby food on my toe. The nail finally fell off last week, nearly 9 months later!

Heather said...

Ouch! I kicked the frame of our couch this weekend by accident... My 4th toe is swollen, black & blue, and nasty... I just hope I don't lose the nail!

Yours will probably take a while to grow out... I bet a red nail polish would cover it.

Unknown said...

OUCH!!! My Dad accidently slammed my fingers in the car door when I was little and I still have a scar. Hope it heals quickly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails