5.12.2009

My sugar-daddy came through again

I got a new car! Well, new to me at least. After months of searching, we finally bought a newer car. My old car has been taking a beating and this month the inspection was up and I really didn't want to pay for that if I didn't have to. The a/c has had some problems since last summer but we thought we took care of it but the problem is back and worse than before. Even though I only have 3 stoplights between home and Colin's school, the a/c was a major issue and I don't like coming home drenched in sweat because it's not working.

We went up to my parents house for Mother's Day weekend and to go do a little car shopping. My parents were amazing for taking Colin along to my grandma's house. They had a great time and have so many cute pictures, I wish I could have been there. It would have been near to impossible for us to get this deal done if he were there with us.

Play by Play:
  • We arrived at the dealership at 9:30 am
  • Test drove 1st car
  • Set to make deal on 1st car
  • Financing was not on our side again because we were so upside down in my old car
  • Talk to finance dude
  • Start talking numbers on a brand new car
  • Took 2nd car for test drive and went to grab some lunch
  • The numbers again don't look good
  • Took 3rd car for a test drive
  • I retired to the service lounge to watch tv
  • Start talking numbers
  • DONE DEAL!
  • We leave same dealership at 5:30 pm

Oh my goodness.....LONG DAY! I'm so grateful that my husband had the patience to stand the sales guys and wear them down. Lots of other people would have given up but he knows what he can get the car for and knows he can get the deal that he wants and won't take no for an answer. I think if we spent any more time at the dealership, they would have asked us to start working there.

We're now sporting a 2007 Volvo XC90 for a super sweet deal. My husband rocks!


3 peeps thought this was cool:

Unknown said...

Niiiiiiiiice! Plenty of room for Colin's Sister! ;)

Jackie said...

Love it!!!

T- said...

Niiiice car! I love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails