3.06.2009

He's how tall??

A craft project that's been in the back of my head for quite some time has been a growth chart for Colin. I've been using the wall in the pantry but have realized that if we ever move, I'll lose those precious growth tick marks. I also wanted something more than the regular paper growth charts as those tend to tear and get worn. Just a simple pine 1 x 4 was bought at my local hardware store. After a tiny bit of sanding to get the edges a bit smooth, it was ready for a coat of paint. (Ignore my extremely used saw horses, they've been there and back but I love them)A first and second coat of paint was added to my board. After it dried, I brought it into the house to add the measurement marks to. I started at 3 inches just in case a baseboard or something gets in the way so I just have to remember to hang it 3 inches high too.
The next part is the most fun....decorative painting! I didn't want to over do it but wanted to make it cute for any age. I added some small stars and polk-a-dots. After a small coat of spray glaze, it was ready to hang!

4 peeps thought this was cool:

Jackie said...

Super cute!

Diane said...

The only thing that moves faster than your hands is your creative-thinking brain! Very cute idea AND execution of plan!

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

Auntie Shannon needs to make one for my kids. TeeHee!

T- said...

I want to put in my order for one, too!!!

It is great! Awesome job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails