3.04.2009

Why you do what you do?

I was at home during lunch peeling potatoes for to make potato salad for tonight's dinner and something made me think about the way I peel potatoes. Why do I rinse off the potato before I start to peel it. I'm peeling away the layers that I've just rinsed off so why does it matter that I rinse it first? I just remember always seeing my mom do it that way so it just feels like second nature to do so. So, I had this thought while peeling the first potato and tried to do without rinsing the second potato but I just felt like I missed a step so I just went back to the only way I know. It might be pointless but I'll still rinse my potato before peeling it. Come to think about it, I do that with plums and apples too. I have a thing about the peel, I don't like to chew them so I always peel my plums and apples before I eat them.

3 peeps thought this was cool:

Unknown said...

Funny, isn't it? I left Colin something over at my place! Teehee!

T- said...

The reason you wash the potato before you peel it is because if the peel is dirty you are pushing the dirt into the potato with the edge of the blade as you peel!

Shannon said...

Thanks Tara! I knew there had to be a reason behind it but for the life of me I didn't know why I did it. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails