3.10.2009

My worst nightmare

I swear my worst nightmare came true today. I went to pick up Colin from school today and as I went into his classroom, I did a quick scan of the room to look for that sweet angelic face. But I didn't see him, they had both classes of 1 year olds in the same room and the teacher from the other class was in there. This is our conversation and the emotions to go along with it.

Teacher: Who are you picking up?

Me: Colin
(Scanning the room more and more to be sure I didn't miss seeing him)

Teacher: Oh, his grandma picked him up.

Me: Um, no, that's not possible.
(Panic is setting in)

Teacher: Are you sure, an older gray haired lady picked him up a little while ago.

Me: Yes, I'm sure. His one grandma is in Fort Worth and the other is in Houston.
(My heartbeat was becoming extremely erratic)

Teacher: Hold on, let me go find Briana.

Briana is the teacher that's normally in his classroom. I couldn't stand in there waiting for someone to come back so I left to pretty much go screaming down the halls looking for my son. I saw the teacher in the hall and said that Briana had him and she was in the baby classroom. She apologized over and over again because she thought I was Cullen's mom. He is in her room and since she is a new teacher, she hadn't met his mom yet and thought I was she. I saw Colin and grabbed him and kissed him over and over again. I don't think I've ever felt that way in my life and I hope I don't have to feel that ever again. He had a pretty rough day so was a bit upset so he didn't want to be put down.

Poor thing has really taken a beating the last 3 days. Sunday night he bent down to pick up a ball in the bath tub and hit his head on the faucet. We normally keep the cushy cover on the faucet but he took it off just moments before hitting his head. He put a good little dent in his eyebrow. The part that scared me the worst is the fact that it was just an inch above his eye and could have been a lot worse. Then yesterday he was climbing and probably jumping on the little couches in his class and fell off and hit his head. He had a very nice goose egg on his forehead. Then today he was going down the slide and tripped or something to where he went face first into the mulch and scratched up his cheek. I swear if all this hadn't have happened at school, they'd call CPS on me. I look forward to a good day tomorrow and he's there when I go pick him up.

5 peeps thought this was cool:

Diane said...

Shannon...I can't imagine what you were going through when you picked up Colin. Extra hugs for YOU and Colin!

Diane said...

Shannon...I can't imagine what you were going through when you picked up Colin. Extra hugs for YOU and Colin!

Jackie said...

OMG, I would have died!!! But, no fear, he is safe and sound with his momma!!

Unknown said...

I hate those few seconds of panicked fear when you think the worst. (((hugs))) I hope C has a better day today!

T- said...

Holy cow. That would have scared me to death!

I'm glad it was a misunderstanding.

Yikes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails