6.22.2009

More Yard Work

I've surrendered the backyard, I can do no more and I'm tired of thinking about it. We're waiting on grass to grow and then will start moving more dirt out. Shrubs need to be hacked down and hauled away but that'll have to wait for a few weeks. I've been working on the front flower beds, they are less of a jungle mess. My parents brought some petrified rocks back from my grandma's house this weekend and I placed those in the beds yesterday. My grandma called and told me that she was cleaning out her flower bed and wanted to see if I wanted the rocks.....heck yea, I love free stuff! After another trip to Home Depot for a few more filler flowers, the bed has shaped up nicely. I need to trim the bushes in the back and get rid of the stupid ivy that's growing up the wall but that will have to wait for another time too, I've got enough mosquito bites to itch until next week. If you don't know Texas mosquitos, they're the size of small birds and have been known to carry away small children if you aren't careful. Here are a few pictures of the finished bed.

3 peeps thought this was cool:

Ruth said...

i looks awesome, shannon! so lush and pretty!

Diane said...

Great work! Looks good---I spent 15 minutes in front hand-watering plants with a hose before sundown---I have been eaten alive!

Unknown said...

It looks fantastic!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails