How do you teach a child to walk down the stairs and how long does this process take? Jay tends to just carry him since it's quicker. I'm the mean one and take the time for him to do it on his own. Colin knows how but is just lazy about it. I've taught him to hold onto the rail and take each step one at a time. Yesterday he was at the top of the stairs and opened his arms big and wide and I thought he said "hug me". I got all mushy inside and gave him a hug, it wasn't until he started lifting his feet that I realized that my sweet little boy said "hold me" What a turkey, he got me. I said no, you need to walk yourself. While I'm not ready for him to be flying up and down the stairs, I want him to be confident enough to do it himself.
6.23.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 peeps thought this was cool:
We don't have stairs, so I don't really know. I guess that mine have always taught themselves.
Post a Comment