Date Nights are very important! I think in the year and a quarter that we've had Colin, we've been out 4 times. I would like to try to make it a monthly deal but we'll see how expensive it ends up being, we may have to take advantage of visits with grandparents. Jay thought it would be nice to go downtown Austin for dinner and maybe check out some music. So I called our favorite babysitter to see if she could come watch Colin. We picked a Thursday night because, well quite frankly, our weekends are so booked up until the new year, who knows if we'd ever get in a date. We were intending on eating at a new place called Opal Divine's but the directory assistance chic gave me the wrong address so we decided to eat at the Iron Cactus. We had a nice little spot in the front by the windows so we could watch the odd ducks on 6th street. It felt odd that we were finished with dinner at 8pm and didn't want to go home just yet. But our waitress wanted us to leave and seemed to be shoving us out the door, she took my plate and queso when I wasn't finished with it. We walked down 6th street and went to our favorite bar, Pete's Dueling Piano bar. This is the original but there are others around Texas. It's a great place for the "older" crowd and it makes me feel better for wanting to hang out on 6th street with all the college kids. If you get a chance to visit, it's worth it and a guaranteed blast. We had a great night and were still home by 9:30pm. The sitter said that Colin was so tired that he passed out next to her on the couch at 7:30pm but he was a good boy, I didn't expect any less from him. Thanks honey for a wonderful night out!
10.24.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 peeps thought this was cool:
We have one tonight! We haven't had hardly any since Callie was born, either. Each one is very exciting! :)
I'm glad you guys had a great night out; despite the rude waitress!
Post a Comment